Saturday, April 7, 2012

Getting Your Kid Hooked

This blog isn't just for all us older fishermen getting started.  It is also important to get your kids involved as well. There is nothing better than a trip up to a mountain stream with one of your children.  It also helps to get a day pass from your spouse to spend quality time with your kid.  While you are out it is important to keep it fun and interesting.  I showed my son how to make a net to collect bugs and other terestrials in the stream. We took photos in order to look them up later which was super cool in my son's words.  We talked about conservation and how it is our responsibility to keep the waters clean and full of fish for the generations that follow.  Yes, the catching of fish would be a bonus but the experience alone could hook them into trips in the future. I would suggest packing snacks and drinks for the trip as well.  I planned on doing a different blog but this thought hit me and I had to post it. As you learn pass it on to your kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment